If you are an experienced user of discord then you will be aware that some users are experiencing issues of no sound when they are streaming their screen on the application. We have accumulated different procedures through which the users will be able to solve this problem of audio. We have accumulated 8 ways which will be helpful to you if you want to fix discord screen share audio. Here’s the guide:-
Reasons for Audio Not Working with Discord Screen Share
As we all know each computer has a different configuration and it influences the applications running on that computer. So, this is the most common issue that Audio is not working while sharing a screen in discord.
- Audio Driver Issues: Discord also makes use of your audio driver as most other apps do that play audio, . If your driver is not functioning properly it is obvious that you will get audio issues.
- Admin Access: As Discord is a type of remote application, it might need admin access to function properly. Granting admin access may solve this problem sometimes.
- Programs specific Issues: Discord does not work well with some programs.
- Web Browser Compatibility: If you’re running Discord on a browser, then switching your browser can help.
- Bugs in the Initial Version: The version you are using may be having some bugs, try downloading any other discord version.
Methods to Fix Screen Share Audio Not Working On Discord
1) Restart your computer
The easiest way through which you can solve the audio issue in your discord is to restart your computer. Sometimes, it happens that some programs which are running on your computer are conflicting with discord. While you restart your computer you can easily wipe away the current state of the software which will in return help you to run all of the other applications smoothly.
When you are done with the reboot of your desktop then you can relaunch discord application.
This is the easiest fix to your problem of audio in the discord.
2) Updating Discord
The problem also arises when the users are using the old version of an application despite the launch of the new version. The discord issue can also be the reason for the old version that you are using in your desktop. You have to check whether or not a new version of the application is available so that you can use it. Sometimes, the old version does not work correctly when a new one is launched by the authorities.
If you want to check the new update of discourse then you can follow the step-by-step procedure given here:-
- Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialogue on your desktop
- In the run search bar, type %localappdata%
- Click on the option called OK.
- Double-click on Discord.
- Double click Update.exe
- The update process will take place
- After the completion of the update, you can relaunch discord and check your issue.
3) Update your audio driver
Another reason that your discord audio is not working can be the old version of your audio driver. You can update your audio driver with hardware or even software services available at the internet. One of the procedures through which you can update your audio driver is called Driver Easy. Driver Easy is a tool through which you will be able to update your audio drivers. The application will automatically recognise your system and will find correct drivers for you. The application will do everything which is needed to correct your audio drivers and you do not have to worry about anything related to them. You can either use the free version of the application or the pro version of the application. Here is how you can use and run the application on your desktop:-
- First of all, you have to download and install the application called Driver Easy.
- Run the application on your computer
- On the homepage of the application, you have to click on the Scan Now button
- The application will scan your system and showcase the problems with your audio drivers.
- You can click on the update button present next to the audio driver.
- The application will automatically download the correct version of audio drivers
- Finally, you can manually install the version to fix the problem.
- You can also click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system
- Finally, you can relaunch the discord application and try to manage your audios.
4) Clear Discord Roaming data
Some of the discord files which are lying in it for a long period of time can also cause and issue in the audio. You can manage your account settings and burn the temporary discord files to try fixing your audio for the application. To clear the roaming data of the application you will have to follow the step-by-step procedure given here:-
- Exit the application completely
- Press Windows logo key and type %appdata%.
- Press the Enter key.
- Right-click Discord
- Select Delete
- You can then relaunch the application and test your issue.
5) Disable Your Antivirus Temporarily
Another possibility that you can try while fixing your issues with the audio of discord is to disable your antivirus for a moment. The possibility that your antivirus is the issue behind the audio for your discord is very less. You can still try for the possibility and disable your antivirus to check if the audio of the discord is working after that. Make sure that you do not visit any random website when your antivirus is not working. If your audio is fixed while your antivirus is off then you can definitely try and install some other antivirus. Although, the possibility of the audio working in this method is very less.
6) Reset Discord Voice Settings
You can also for once check your voice settings in the discord application. There can be an issue in your voice settings for the application. When the voice settings are improper then it can cause errors in the audio of the application. You can reset your voice settings to the default and see if the issue of audio is fixed or not. To reset the settings to defaults you can follow the step-by-step application procedure given here:-
- Run Discord
- On the homepage, click on the Settings icon.
- Click on the option of Voice & Video
- Click on the option of Reset Voice Settings.
- Click on Okay.
- You can then share your screen and test your issue
7) Add The Program You Want To Share To Discord
Sometimes, it happens that we are steaming our program on discord and it is not even added to the application properly. This can be one of the issues why your audio is not working while streaming that specific program. Here’s a step-by-step application procedure through which you will be able to add your program and share it on discord properly:-
- Run Discord and the program you want to share.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Click on the Game Activity tab
- Click on the option called Add It
- Click the box to open the drop-down menu
- Select the program you want to share.
- Click on the option of Add Game.
- Turn on the toggle next to OVERLAY.
8) Reinstall Discord
The last thing that you can do to solve the issue of audio in discord is to re-install the application. If all of the above options did not work for you then you can easily reinstall the application and hope for the best. To re-install the application you will have to follow the step-by-step procedure given below:-
- Press the Windows logo key.
- Type control
- Click on the Control Panel.
- Go under the View By option
- Click on the option of category
- Click on the option called Uninstall
- Right-click on Discord
- Click on the option of Uninstall.
- Download Discord again
- Open the downloaded file
- Follow the instructions given on the screen
- Reinstall Discord.
- Relaunch the application and test the issue